Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Ok, so I'm a little bit behind in posting, but I have good reason: I have not been able to get to the internet lately. And when I do, I usually have important stuff to do. Like research and e-mail, etc.
ANYWAYS...
Yes, the book Alyssa is coming to a close. I cannot believe it because it is like she is my baby! Good news there, though, is that I have a lot of editing to do. Yes, grammar and spelling. But, not just that: Actual plot and description editing. I have never approved of editing of plot on anything that was already down in writing. Most certainly not when it is on the web! However, I was handwriting Alyssa into a beautiful leather journal. It is amazing the things you miss and look over when you are only re-reading your work of art. I had no idea when I started out how any of the book was going to go. I had such a vague idea. I was just going with the flow, you know? Either way, now I'm looking back and realizing all of the foreshadowing that I put into the book. Well, maybe not foreshadowing, because it was most certainly not planned, but if my book were used for english courses (I'd be flattered if it were, but I don't see that happening), the English teachers sure would think that it was all foreshadowing. And I know that for a book to be a good book, you need to have the main character change and grow in some way or other. At the very least, a change of view. Well, re-writing the book has made me realize just how much Alyssa herself has changed. I had no idea the difference. It is unbelievable. The whole Mind Maze thing about making sure you have a one-track mind or else thou shalt be lost forever? I didn't realize how off track Alyssa was initially in the beginning. So, so off topic that it's pathetic. And, the saddest part of re-writing this book verbatem, is that I now see how immature the earlier part of Alyssa was written. For those that are just reading it for the first time, you might be thinking 'What? But this is so good!' (AKA, my friends and family). Well, that maybe true now, but I have grown alot as a writer since the undertaking of this book. I now know so much more and to me, the first half or so of Alyssa looks like a little kid wrote it. I am capable of so, so much more. Therefore, as soon as the last chapter of Alyssa is up, I am going to edit, take out, and add in to Alyssa. Keep up with the posts here to see what's been changed. I see a remarkable change going to take place.

Oh, and PS, don't worry. I'll still get right to work on The Wonderlandian Chronicles #2: Before Alice. You can count on that. Well, see you on the fllip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment